Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Forever" Day, + 4 days

Well, I did it again. I forgot an important date in our family. On November 2, 2007, Pickles joined our family forever. I really don't like the term "gotcha," the common term used in adoption when you finally have your child in your arms. I kind of like the term "forever" better -- because from that day forward, no matter what, we are family.

Family....wow...I used to have such bad connotations with that term. But lately, I've really seen and experienced the true meaning of family. I'm thankful every day for my husband, my beautiful children, my church family, and our dear friends. I've been amazed lately to see them all rally around when you need them the most.

So, to all of you (you know who you are.....), from the bottom of my heart,,,,,,thank you for being there for me, for showing up and helping at a moment's notice. I've been humbled at how many people really care....and how unselfishly they've responded to our time of need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy forever family day!

Tonia said...

Happy forever day! That is awesome, and I couldn't agree more......I do not like GOTCHA DAY!! Who ever thought up that? It is demeaning somehow....I like forever family day! That is beautiful! And ours is coming on Dec 11th! Cassidy's is March 6th :)

Tonia said...

Oh and the look on her face with that banana is a huge RED FLAG!! Just in case you didn't know, I have seen that face many many times!! lol
That is sassyness right there!! She is just too darn cute for words!!