Monday, September 3, 2007

Therefore Do Not Worry About Tomorrow

"Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worring can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:26-27 NIV
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matthew 7:34a NIV
In preparation of getting the baby's room ready, we had to do a little reorganzing in our home!! The "office" is now the baby's room and I had to move my computer down to the "sunroom." I don't know what I was originally thinking when I put the computer upstairs!!! I've been sitting in the sunroom this morning with the screen door open (we finally go some relief from the 100+ degree heat). I put fresh water in the bird bath early this morning and I saw two doves fly by the window. I looked and both of them are bathing themselves in the bird bath!!! It brought me back to this bible verse about birds and worry. How often I've gone back to these verses when I'm stressed and worried about something. This morning, I felt God show me how carefree I could be if I would just cast all my worries on Him.

No comments: