Thursday, September 27, 2007

Accident or Divine Appointment????

Today I had my annual OB/GYN appointment. The past few years, I've decided to see another doctor in the practice because my doctor wasn't coming up to the satellite office anymore because she was cutting her hours back to concentrate on being a mom. For some reason, I scheduled the appointment in Charlotte to see my old doctor. I wanted to tell her about the adoption of Pickles. I showed her the picture of Pickles and she immediately asked me where in Africa, and then asked if it was Ethiopia? I said YES, how do you know??? She spent 2 months in Addis, Ethiopia prior to coming to the practice she's at now and commented that Ethiopians have very distince facial features!!!! Accident or Divine????

Then she tells me there is a movie in Charlotte next Tuesday about Ethiopia. I hope we can manage to squeeze that into our schedule. Charlotte is an hour away, then of course, the hour ride home. Accident or Divine?

So, I'm leaving the doctor's appointment pretty pumped up; the first time in a few days that I've felt optimistic that we'll actually make it to Ethiopia!!! Low and behold, I get to the parking deck attendant and guess who is working there??? A young Ethiopian woman!!! I almost jumped out of the car with excitement!!! She told me there is an Ethiopian church in Charlotte and we'd more than welcome us visiting!!! Accident or divine?

Many years ago I would have said all of these were coincidences, but I know better now. God had divine appointments for us all of the time. On the day I needed it most, I had TWO!!!! God is good!

2 comments:

dwg said...

I just recently found your blog and have checked back over the last couple of days. We live in Indiana and I felt that same excitement when I learned there was a Ethiopian restaurant in Louisville (about an hour and a half from us). I hope you get a very quick court date and get to hold your little girl really soon. I know it must be extremely difficult to be here when she is there..and not feeling well. She is a beautiful little girl. I love how you decorated the nursery too.
Blessings,
Amy
www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

We are In Wake Forest,NC.