Sunday, September 30, 2007

Courts Reopen Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day....again. I don't think I have as much anxiety about courts opening as I did last week. Of course, I'm curious to hear how they are going to handle our case: will they have to undo the first adoption and rehear our case, or is it as simple as just redoing the adoption contract with the correct last name on it. I would think it would be the latter, but since this has never occurred, no one has any idea how the courts will handle it.

Obviously, we are hoping it will be a quick turn-around with little or no delay in obtaining another court date, if required. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that we will hear something by the end of the week, but I know the week will pass slowly because we are just................waiting..................

I also posted a few more pictures of the nursery. I was hoping to get a better one of the curtains, but the light in that room is tricky and I couldn't find the "good camera."

While perusing through the camera card, travelling down memory lane, I stumbled across the pictures of Squeeker and Gramma before she died. The pictures are 2 years old, but still felt it was worth posting. She's gone on to a better place, but not forgotten. Some days I am just overwhelmed with sadness that she isn't here to share in this new chapter of our life. In some ways I'm relieved because I think she'd think we are crazy adopting at our age! But, we are young forty-something year olds!!! I just hope she's up there smiling at us, and maybe, just maybe, a little proud of the woman I've turned out to be!

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

I hope you do hear something by weeks end. I know you would love to hear something...limbo is for the birds! Thanks for your email. I will look forward to following your trip...it makes waiting a little easier...when you can share in someone else's joy.
Amy